As manufacturers of high-end semiconductors and display modules are striving to increase product reliability as well as reduce quality control errors, there is a consistent need for increased inspection accuracy.
The Adimec S-25A30 and S-25A70 cameras are successful products that offer the semiconductor inspection and metrology market high-resolution, global shutter, high image quality cameras at an attractive price. The S-25 camera line is based on the ON Semiconductor Vita 25k image sensor. This device has set the standard for high-quality machine vision cameras.
New demands to inspect and calibrate display modules such as OLED displays in mobile phones require many improvements simultaneously in order to obtain:
- high resolution
- better inspection throughput
- detection of small contrast variation
- combined with high sensitivity for display measurements in dark conditions.
The S-65A35 and S-65A70 deliver an increase in inspection precision, the combination of high speed with high resolution of 65 MP, as well as the latest advancements in image quality and the next step in sensitivity. The main contributor in these advances is the new GPixel-TPSco 3.2 mm Global Shutter image sensor, the GMAX3265 in combination with Adimec’s camera design teams.
The Gpixel GMAX3265 is a truly leading-edge sensor that incorporates a 9344 x 7000 array with a 37.4mm diagonal for high-resolution in demanding high-speed vision applications. This new generation sensor offers a low read noise and wide intrascene dynamic range with its true correlated double sampling (CDS) in global shutter technology. A removable cover glass option is also available for measurement applications where the cover glass results in reflection issues.
A high-resolution camera
- 9344 x 7000-pixel format
- 37.4 mm sensor diagonal
- Available in two variants:
- The S-65A35 CXP 1.1 variant, frame rate up to 35 fps
- The S-65A70 CXP 2.0 variant, frame rate up to 70 fps
- Available in color (S-65A35 only) and monochrome
- Global shutter
3.2 μm pixel size
- 2×3.2 μm pixel size is small enough to accommodate 65 Megapixels in a sensor that is overall physically smaller than the Vita 25k.
- The pixel size is large enough to offer a satisfactory full well capacity and angular sensitivity.
- Improved high-quality imaging although the physical size is reduced.
Easily upgrade from S-25 camera
- The sensor is smaller than Vita 25K sensor (similar optical with more than twice as many pixels).
- Uses same form factor as S-25 camera.
- S-65A35 uses same CXP 1.1 interface as compared to the S-25. To profit from 70 fps with the S-65A70 an upgrade to CXP 2.0 is required
The S-65 cameras are the next leap in throughput and accuracy for real-time metrology and inspection applications. The cost of development and system impact is minimized when moving from the Adimec S-25 to the S-65. To discuss making the switch to the S-65, please contact us.